Biofeedback In Cherry Hill
Physical therapists use biofeedback to control and evaluate different functions in the body. Biofeedback involves the patient connecting to software that connects them to electrical sensors. These sensors provide valuable information about the body.
Your physical therapist can make subtle changes to your body, such as relaxing certain muscles, using the information from the sensors. This will help relieve pain and improve function. Biofeedback allows patients to improve their physical performance and health by giving them new ways to exercise body control. Our team of specialists can help you learn more about biofeedback.
What is biofeedback?
The software module features an intricate and sophisticated toolset capable of handling any type of neuromuscular-kinesiological data captures with our Ultium-EMG sensors, as well as any other legacy EMG systems. The software module automatically syncs real-time data in an all-in one analysis that provides detailed insight into muscle performance.
Our physical therapists are trained in a number of biofeedback techniques. Based on your specific needs and goals, they may choose to use any combination of these techniques. There are many types of biofeedback techniques:
- Contraction of muscle. An electromyograph (EMG) is used to place sensors on the skeletal muscles. This is to monitor the effects of electrical activity on muscle contraction.
- Breathing. This is also called “respiratory Biofeedback” and involves placing bands around your abdomen, chest, and neck in order to monitor your breathing and respiration rates.
- Brain waves. Sensors are placed on your scalp through an electroencephalograph (EEG). This is to monitor your brain waves.
- Heart rate. One of two methods can be used to measure your heart rate.
- Temperature. Sensors are attached at your feet and fingers. As a temperature measure, this sensor monitors blood flow to your skin. If you’re stressed, your temperature could drop. Your physical therapist might show you relaxation techniques.
- Activity of the sweat glands. An electrodermograph (EDG) attaches sensors to your wrists, fingers, palms, and/or hands. This is done in order to monitor the activity of your sweat glands and skin perspiration.
Who would benefit from biofeedback?
Biofeedback can be used to monitor and treat a variety of conditions. These conditions include mental, emotional, and physical conditions.
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Stress and anxiety
- Migraines and headaches
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Incontinence fecal and urinary
- Side effects of chemotherapy
- Raynaud’s Disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Tinnitus (ringing in your ears)
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
Some other symptoms where biofeedback may be used:
- Anxiety Reactions
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Overuse Conditions
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
- Pelvic Pain
- Postural Pain
- Post-surgical Recovery
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
What will biofeedback do for me in Cherry Hill?
Participating in biofeedback therapies has many benefits. Biofeedback is a non-invasive method to monitor various aspects of the body, and identify areas where muscle movement needs to be corrected. It can help improve function. Biofeedback can be used to eliminate the need for surgery or harmful drugs. Our physical therapists can then design customized treatment plans to address the root cause of the problem.
Biofeedback has also proved to be beneficial for pregnant women who are unable to take medication due to their pregnancy. These treatments are safe, effective, and natural ways to reduce pain and restore optimal function. Biofeedback is a great way for many conditions to be treated. It focuses on the body and allows you to take more control over your health.
Biofeedback may be a good option for you if you have a chronic condition that affects your physical, mental or emotional well-being. To learn more about biofeedback, make an appointment today. Our team is committed to improving your health so that you can live your life to the fullest.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“THANK YOU NOSHEEN! She is truly the best and genuinely cares about you. I felt so heard by her and always looked forward to my appointments. Since going to her, my TMJ pain is gone and my posture has improved. I’ve learned so much and I would recommend Specialized Physical therapy to everyone.”
“My whole family loves Specialized Physical Therapy! We’ve all worked with Paul throughout the years and he is fantastic with a range of issues and ages.
Personally, I went to Paul for injuries in my ankle and hip from long distance running that were giving me daily pain. I had seen a doctor but he hadn’t been helpful. Within minutes, Paul was able to get to the root of the issue and develop a rehabilitation program. He also was great about providing exercises that I could do on my own, since I travel a lot.Additionally, everyone is really friendly and the reception staff are fantastic! They remember your name and are understanding if you’re a few minutes late to an appointment (as long as you call in advance, don’t make it a habit:)
In short, I couldn’t give this place a better recommendation!”